Food allergies and intolerances are on the rise and can have a significant impact on our day to day life. Often food allergies are at the underlying cause to many health issues including digestive symptoms, skin problems, fatigue, respiratory concerns, mood changes, weight issues and aches and pains. Food allergies and intolerances symptoms can vary significantly from person to person. Symptoms may involve only one body system, or a variety of symptoms affecting different body systems. Some common symptoms associated with food intolerances include:
- Head– itchy throat, itchy / watery eyes, blocked ear, mouth ulcers, headaches, dark circles under the eyes
- Skin– itchy skin, rashes, hives, eczema, flushing
- Gastrointestinal System– irritable bowel syndrome, dysbiosis, bloating, nausea, flatulence, constipation, diarrhea, varying bowel motions, reflux, abdominal pain and/ or discomfort
- Nervous System– headaches, foggy head, energy slumps, poor concentration, mood changes, restlessness
- Respiratory System– asthma, sinus congestion, sneezing, coughing, wheezing
- Metabolic / Endocrine / Hormonal – obesity, diabetes, inability to loose weight, weight loss, thyroid illness and diseases, irregular menstruation, infertility
What We Test:
Dairy: Cow’s Milk, Fish/Shellfish: Blue Mussel, Cod, Salmon, Shrimp, Tuna Fruits Apple, Banana, Orange, Peach Grains/Legumes/Nuts Almond, Brazil Nut, Buckwheat, Coconut, Corn, Green Pea, Hazelnut, Oat, Peanut, Rice, Soybean, Wheat, Whole, White Bean, Egg (Chicken) Miscellaneous: Sesame Seed Vegetables: Carrot, White Potato
Dairy Casein, Cheddar Cheese, Cow’s Milk, Goat’s Milk, Whey Fish/Shellfish Clam, Cod, Crab, Halibut, Lobster, Salmon, Scallop, Shrimp, Sole, Trout, Tuna Grains/Legumes/Nuts Almond, Barley, Buckwheat, Chestnut, Chickpea, Coconut,Corn, Gliadin, Wheat, Gluten, Wheat, Green Bean, Green Pea, Hazelnut, Kidney Bean, Lentil, Lima Bean, Oat, Peanut, Pecan, Pinto Bean, Rye, Soybean, Spelt, Walnut, Wheat, Whole, White Rice Fruits Apple, Apricot, Banana, Blueberry, Cranberry, Grapefruit, Grape, Lemon, Olive, Orange, Papaya, Peach, Pear, Pineapple, Plum, Raspberry, Strawberry Meat/Poultry Beef, Chicken, Lamb, Pork, Turkey Egg Egg White, Chicken, Egg Yolk, Chicken, Egg Whole, Duck Misc/Herbs/Spices Baker’s / Brewer’s Yeast, Button Mushroom, Cane Sugar, Cocoa Bean (Chocolate), Coffee Bean, Flaxseed, Ginger, Honey, Oregano, Sesame Seed, Sunflower Seed Vegetables: Asparagus, Avocado, Beet, Broccoli / Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrot, Cauliflower, Celery, Cucumber, Garlic, Green Bell Pepper, Lettuce, Onion, Pumpkin, Spinach, Sweet Potato, Tomato, White Potato Candida Screen: Candida Albans
Differences between a food allergy and a food intolerance:
Food allergies occur in people with an overactive immune system producing IgE antibodies to substances in their diet or environment that are otherwise harmless. Allergy testing accesses and detect these IgE antibodies. Acute reactions occur soon after ingestion (anywhere from minutes to 1-2 hours) and vary in severity from mild/ moderate.
Unlike food allergies that cause an immune reaction, food intolerances (IgG) don’t involve the immune system directly and can be hard to detect. Food intolerance reactions are also often delayed. Symptoms can begin within an hour or two, or in some instances can take up to 72 hours. Please note we offer recommend allergy and intolerance testing alongside an elimination diet (the gold standard when it comes to uncovering intolerances/allergies). This is because, allergy and intolerance testing can be prone to false positive and false negatives. So we use this test alongside the elimination diet for the best possible outcome.
Please note this is a blood test, you will be provided with the appropriate forms to take to your local pathology lab to complete this test.
- Add your item to your cart and proceed to check out
- Complete all the details (ensure to put your correct postal address as your test will be sent to the address you provide – please note we are not responsible for incorrect addresses)
- Your Test kit with all instructions will be sent to you within 7-10 business days
- Complete your test as per instructions from your test kit
- We will be in contact with you when we receive the results to organise a Telehealth consult with you (results can take up to 3-4 weeks).
Consults are done via Telehealth (online video consult) anywhere within Australia. If located locally you are more than welcome to come into the clinic for your consult. All initial appointments include a personalised prescription (diet, lifestyle, supplement recommendations) alongside a personalised program. To learn more about what is included in your initial appointment click here.