Are you suffering from health issues that you believe stem from poor gut health? Are you always bloated and uncomfortable, have inconsistent stools, reacting to all kinds of foods or other digestive complaints? Have you been told you have “IBS” but are unsure of the cause? Then this test is for YOU!
Functional Gut Testing can give you insight into the functionality of your gut and pin point the underlying cause to your issues!
Did you know that common symptoms and conditions associated with abnormal gut function and imbalances are wide and varied and can impact numerous body systems. These include:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Irritable Bowel Disease
- Abdominal pain
- Bad breath
- Food allergies, sensitivities and intolerances
- Hormonal imbalances
- Weight loss
- Weight gain
- Skin conditions – acne, eczema, psoriasis
- Poor liver function
- Malabsorption / Maldigestion
In traditional Naturopathic philosophy the gut is considered as the seat of all health. It is not surprising then, that healing the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) is a key step in healing almost all other body systems.
The gut is not only responsible for digestion and absorption of nutrients, but it plays a major role in immunity (with over 80% of the immune system located in the gut), healthy mood and brain function (with 95% of serotonin made in the gut), and of course detoxification.
The gut, along with the skin and lungs, are constantly exposed to toxins from within the body (endotoxins) as a result of hormonal imbalances, pathogenic bacteria, poor diet and stress, and from our external environment (exotoxins) through pollution, household products, medications and other chemicals. Toxicity within our gut can lead to oxidative damage, poor nutrient absorption, interference with enzymes and mimicking of hormones and neurotransmitters.
Toxicity is also linked to many symptoms and diseases such as headaches, leaky gut, infertility, muscle aching, chronic fatigue, depression, anxiety, mood swings, poor short term memory, reproductive disorders, hormonal imbalances, bloating, skin disorders and bowel disorders and the list goes on.
By understanding the health of your gut, via our gut health test, is the first key step in discovering the underlying cause to your health concerns and will help us to formulate the very best program for you!
What we test:
Comprehensive Microbiome Mapping:
- Opportunistic Bacteria
- Bacterial Pathogens
- Viral Pathogens
- Beneficial Bacteria
- Stool Form
- Stool Colour
- Faecal Occult Blood
GIT functional markers:
- Calprotectin (GIT inflammatory marker)
- Pancreatic Elastase (pancreatic enzymes produced via the pancreas aka the ability to break down fats, carbs and proteins)
- sIgA (represents the first line immune defies of the GIT, with elevated levels associated are upregulated immune system)
- Zonulin (a marker of “leaky gut”)
- Steatocrit (the steatocrit is a measure of the amount of fat in faeces)
- anti-Gliadian IgA (high level are often associated with coeliac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity)
- b-glucoronidase (β-glucuronidase (β-G) is an enzyme that breaks the tight bond between glucuronic acid and toxins in the intestines, high levels associated with recirculation of toxins, hormones and various drugs within the body)
This is the most common test we use in clinic with our clients to assess the health of the gut.
Please note this is a stool test and done in the comfort of your own home.
- Add your item to your cart and proceed to check out
- Complete all the details (ensure to put your correct postal address as your test will be sent to the address you provide – please note we are not responsible for incorrect addresses)
- Your Test kit with all instructions will be sent to you within 7-10 business days
- Complete your test as per instructions from your test kit
- We will be in contact with you when we receive the results to organise a Telehealth consult with you (results can take up to 3-4 weeks)
Consults are done via Telehealth (online video consult) anywhere within Australia. If located locally you are more than welcome to come into the clinic for your consult. All initial appointments include a personalised prescription (diet, lifestyle, supplement recommendations) alongside a personalised program. To learn more about what is included in your initial appointment click here.